Monday, February 21, 2011

the art of the family tree

DIY + handmade family tree ideas 
{ clockwise from top left }


..............

happy family day, nicies: a happy long weekend holiday here in ontario celebrating family.

so in honour, here's a round-up of some of my current fave DIY & handmade family tree ideas. beautiful & meaningful art we can make for our homes {see one of my other faves here.}

cause family is a fine art indeed, isn't it?

gosh ... i'm so lucky to have such an amazing family.

a few years ago i was smitten with a new obsession:  family genealogy exploration. my wonderful maternal grandma had planted the seed with her amazing years of extensive family history research. i think it's such a fascinating field.

have you done any family tree research?
have you ever made a family tree?


hugs to you all.

..............

DIY + handmade family tree ideas 
{ clockwise from top left }



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post. Thank you so much for including my Family Trees.

    Sincerely,
    Cynthia
    aTreeThing.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful. Pottery Barn once had a family tree kit where each leaf had someones name - I always wanted to make something similar. Thank you for sharing these inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty. thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up hearing all about the family and then, recently, started using Ancestory.com and got a little obsessed there. We (my husband and I) still have a lot more to do for research and I just don't have the time right now but I can't wait to go back to it. It's so fascinating.

    Love that family tree DIY birds of a feather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. Great inspiration post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! I love family trees. I make and sell screen printed textile family trees on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/66539478/personalized-family-tree-modern-textile

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I occasionally wind up on ancestry.com and get all into finding out my family tree, but I need to do some more research to get very far with it. Love these pieces you found!

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's my stunned moment I found your blog went ooh I like, signed on... and I honestly didn't realize that you were from Canada, or maybe I did but it slipped my mind anyways I agree it was a lovely family day here in Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, so cool! I vow that when I have kids I am going to do a fancy family tree for them!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!