Monday, September 12, 2011

patterns & shapes: the brilliant city




..................


good golly.
we spent a fabulous couple of days in the city this weekend.
such vivacity. energy. verve.

we don't live in a city these days.
but i love moments there.

i  love the patterns & shapes all around a city when exploring on foot.
but even more spectacular? i love peering at cityscapes from above. 
such marvelous tiny little geometric dots and dashes down below from a vantage point up high.

and so i'm especially smitten by armelle caron's amazing reorganized cities art project. it's a brilliant series of city shapes deconstructed. urban topography at it's best!

ever seen the shapes of your city from on high?
what do you love about the city these days?


..................




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love these! I'd like to see one of my city PORTLAND!!

    I also adore seeing cities from a bird's eye view. Something so surreal about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, jenn.
    so lilliputian. love it.

    i'd love to see all the cities i love done by caron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat idea! I love seeing my city from high, too. Whenever we travel we often try to get to the highest point in an area to capture a different view.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!